2015-02-06 (F) Weekly Summary

I'm going to try something new. I've been told that some people only check this blog on the weekends and that's probably a lot of reading all at once or a lot of skimming. In order to try to make things easier on everyone I'm going to write up a summary for the week as my Saturday post. This way people can read check progress without having to look at every single article. There isn't any format yet and until I make one this is going to be an informal.

The other advantage is this allows me to take a day off of projects each week. I've been traveling a lot and some nights I'm tired before I can do any meaningful work on a project. Right now I'm in Houston, 1,100 miles (1,800Km) from my apartment, cat, and hack space. If I don't take a day off I can build a buffer and that allows me to make posts about the same project consecutively instead of jumping from project to project so it should give more consistency as well.

Let's try this.

Enough background.
----------

It was a busy week for work and the Color/Touch + Sound. The enclosure was finished for the most part. The only thing which definitely needs to be added will be a power supply. Of course the circuit board needs to be installed but I am not considering that part of the enclosure. The electronics are a whole different aspect and realistically more than half of the project.

Completed enclosure with switches installed 

The electronics for the Color/Touch + Sound have nearly been prepared. The schematics have been revised over and over until I thought they were perfect. As soon as I started the layout of the circuit board I saw glaring errors and the schematic got even more revisions. But that's why this sort of thing is planned out before anything is committed to copper. I am happy with how the circuit board looks and the schematic should be good. When I get back to Minnesota I can produce one of these circuit boards at my apartment and see how they do. I suspect I will need to revise again because that is the nature of the game.

Schematic
 Circuit board

The rest of the weekly summaries have been arranged by date.

A list showing of all the final posts of COMPLETED projects.


This disclaimer must be intact and whole. This disclaimer must be included if a project is distributed.

All information in this blog, or linked by this blog, are not to be taken as advice or solicitation. Anyone attempting to replicate, in whole or in part, is responsible for the outcome and procedure. Any loss of functionality, money, property or similar, is the responsibility of those involved in the replication.

All digital communication regarding the email address 24hourengineer@gmail.com becomes the intellectual property of Brian McEvoy. Any information contained within these messages may be distributed or retained at the discretion of Brian McEvoy. Any email sent to this address, or any email account owned by Brian McEvoy, cannot be used to claim property or assets.

Comments to the blog may be utilized or erased at the discretion of the owner. No one posting may claim claim property or assets based on their post.

This blog, including pictures and text, is copyright to Brian McEvoy.

Comments